General life update

I figured I'd post a general life update as I sit here drinking my preworkout and watching hour 19 of Le Mans.

Training: I'm drinking preworkout on a sunday morning because I've found a new olympic weightlifting coach, and I see him on saturday and sunday morning, and then he programs for me MWF.  I then program for myself some cardio on Tuesday.  I mentioned that in my previous blog, but figured I'd put that here for completeness.

Competitive shooting:  dovetailing with my training because I want to start doing tactical games, I have been doing most of my cardio as runs with my plate carrier as that'll be something that shows up in the tactical games.  As far as the shooting goes...well...I've been to the range once, and it was BAD.  My pistol game needs lots of work.  I have a 3gun match this month which will give me some practice, but I need to get to the range too. I've ordered some rubberized grips that I hope will help me hold onto the damn pistol better, AND I will probably order a competition pistol when my bonus pays.  Looking forward to working with shotgun reloads in competition as I haven't had a chance to do that with my new belt mounted shell caddy.

Cars:  Monday is registration for the first trackday I'll do this year.  One of maybe two, it seems.  So, because I'm NOT getting out to the track nearly enough, I've decided to start doing some sim racing.  I've ordered a wheel stand, and currently have a loaner setup.  I'll get my own in short order.

Work: work is about the same.  Been here 18 months, and it's fine.

Family: midget is coming along.  Still not talking, but is a play monster.  It's been fun.


Ok, that's it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metcon Tuesday #4 - 2/11/20

Sometimes you miss things

Metcon Monday #2: 1/27/20